Comprised of Investigation Officers falling under different ranks, the section carries out the core function of the department, in line with Section 10 of the CPA.The section carries out the following roles:
- Investigate any complaint, report or other information of any alleged or suspected corrupt practice or offence under the Act
- Investigate any alleged or suspected offence under the Act
- Investigate any offence under any written law disclosed in the course of investigating any alleged or suspected corrupt practice or offence under the Act
- Investigate the conduct of any public officer which, in the opinion of the Bureau, may be connected with, or conducive to, corrupt practices and to report thereon to the appropriate authority.
- To inform the complainants that the investigation has commenced within 21 days and give feedback on the outcome of the investigation within 21 days of completion of the investigation
- To take necessary measures to ensure protection from victimisation for those that report any suspected corrupt practice in good faith.