On 12th February, 2020, the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) received a complaint alleging that
the Department of Lands leased Plot Number LW 1366 (Kanjedza Forest) belonging to the
Department of Forestry to Honourable Charles Mchacha without following proper procedures.
The ACB investigations established that Justice Lloyd Muhara, the then Chief Secretary to
Government, neglected his official duties by approving lease of the said land without
following proper procedures.
On 17th December, 2020, the ACB arrested Justice Lloyd Muhara. He is suspected to have
misused public office and neglected his official duties contrary to Section 25 (B) and 121 of
the Corrupt Practices Act and Penal Code respectively.
He was taken to Court on 18th December, 2020. He was formerly charged and released on
bail after satisfying the following conditions:
• Produced a cash bond of MK500,000.00.
• Produced one surety bonded at MK500,000.00 not cash.
• Surrendered travel documents to Court.
• Ordered to report at ACB offices once every fortnight on Fridays.
• Ordered not to interfere with state witnesses
EGRITA M. NDALA
PRINCIPAL PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FOR: DIRECTOR GENERAL